Saturday, November 22, 2008

Reality vs. Dream

Art class was the only class that I enjoyed throughout my entire academic life. This was why I chose art as one of my electives in high school. I still remember there were only 3 of us who picked art class because we really love drawing and we wanted to do something with it after we graduate. Other students picked this class because it was the only elective that didn't need to study for exams.

After high school, only one of us -- Chan continued to pursue his dream to study theatre design. There was a time that I didn't know what to do with my interest, so I gave up my love of drawing for biology. It was a rare opportunity that in my last year at university I met someone from Fine Art who has brought me back to drawing and design and helped me realize that turning my dream into my career is what I really want. I have never thought of my childhood interest will become my life long career one day.

I see my friends giving up on their dreams for a living. I am lucky to live my dream everyday and enjoy it. What I am trying to say is that believe in ourselves and treasure every chance to turn our dreams into reality.

No comments: